Ceyhan Steel Structure Plant was established in 1993 with a view to centralize the company’s steel structure fabrication activities. Today, the plant is capable to serve specific requirements of the projects* undertaken by the Group on 3 continents with an annual fabrication capacity 30.000 tons.
- ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management)
- ISO 14001:2004 (Environmental Management)
- OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health & Safety Assessment Systems)
Certified plant is equipped with advanced CNC machineries to secure accuracy and high quality in the fabrication of steel works.
For design and drawing requirements. The plant is in close cooperation with its sister firm TEKFEN Engineering Co., Inc. which is specialized in the design and engineering of industrial plants, bridges/viaducts and other structures utilizing extensively up-to-date CAD/CAM with specific software**.
TEKFEN’s Ceyhan Steel Structure & Piping Fabrication Plant facilities are located on a total area of 160.000 m2, of which 30.000 m2 is in doors production space consisting of 7 fabrication halls, an open material handling/storage area, a welding school, managerial divisions and social facility quarter.
The plant is equipped with full shot blast, CNC flame cutting and coping facilities, plate rolling machine, sawing and drilling lines, automated beam welding line and automated welding equipment, CNC horizontal drilling/milling machines. All machineries are capable to process raw materials upto 3 m. width. Fabricated items up to 100 tons each can be handled by the plant.
Ceyhan Steel Structure Plant Employs over 1.200 skilled, well trained direct and indirect personnel of which 1.050 are foremen and workers of the manufacturing team while 60 are employed as painting work force. The Plant has the same strict Quality and HSE requirements also for the hired personnel, subcontractors and third parties involved in its manufacturing activities. The Welding School, located adjacent to the production facilities at the same area, is a unique example of its kind providing training for the employees.
“Ceyhan Steel Structure Plant’’ of TEKFEN has a favourable location due to its proximity to the motorway and two major Mediterranean ports of Turkey, Żskenderun and Mersin, providing a major advantage for the plant in receiving raw materials and worldwide delivery of skilfully fabricated items.
The plant has a spacious open Stock and Dispatch Yard equipped with gantry, tower and mobile cranes suitable to lift up to 100 tons. Incoming steel plates and rolls, pipes and fittings are handled and stored to be introduced to the pre –production shop for blasting, chamfering, shearing, drilling, sawing or other initial treatments. Tower cranes operate at pipe spool stockyard and dispatch area.
Open Area Cranage
• 16 tons x 22 meters gantry crane; h: 7,5 m
• 50 tons x 20 meters gantry crane; h: 7,5 m (2 ea.)
• 25 - 100 tons mobile crane. (5 ea.)
• 3,6 - 8 tons x 50 meters tower cranes. (4 ea.)
The plant has 4-Fabrication Shops and operates in 7 fabrication halls equipped with overhead cranes of 64 t max. handling capacity.
• Plate Preparation Hall (30 m x 120 m): Equipped with 3 x 16 ton overhead cranes. (h: 13,5)
• Profile Preparation Hall (30 m x 120 m): Equipped with 2 x 16 ton overhead cranes. (h: 13,5)
Fabrication Shop 1
• Assembly and Welding Hall 1 (24 m x 168 m): Equipped with 2 x 20 ton and 1 x 16 ton overhead cranes. (h: 9,5)
• Assembly and Welding Hall 2 (24 m x 168 m): Equipped with 2 x 32 ton and 1 x 16 ton overhead cranes. (h: 9,5)
Fabrication Shop 2
• Carbon and Alloy Steel Pipework’s Hall 1 (24 m x 100 m): Equipped with 2 x 32 ton and 1 x 10 ton overhead cranes, h: 9,5 m and 12 x 1 ton radial arms.
• Carbon and Alloy Steel Pipework’s Hall 2 (24 m x 100 m): Equipped with 2 x 32 ton overhead cranes, h: 9,5 m and 10 x 1 ton radial arms.
Stainless Steel Pipework’s Shop
• Hall - (30 m x 90 m): Equipped with 4 x 10 ton overhead cranes, 20 x 4,5 m x 1 ton radial arms. There are 5 Blasting and Painting shops capable to paint up to 3000 tons a month.
• Blasting and Painting Shop 1, 2, 3, 4: Equipped with 2 x 35 ton gantry cranes (h:13 m) 5 x 6 ton gantry cranes, (h: 4 m), 1 Automatic horizontal blasting machine, 5 Manuel blasting machines (750 kg capacity) and 10 airless paint pumps 60:1 ratio.
• Blasting and Painting Shop 5 (24 m x 100 m x 9,5 m): Equipped with 10 ton overhead crane, (h: 4 m), 1 Automatic blasting cabin (W:6 m x L:18 m x H:5 m) and 1 Automatic painting cabin (W:6 m x L:18 m x H:5 m).
TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY AT ALL LEVELS OF THE ORGANIZATION AND COMPLYING WITH THE RELEVANT LAWS, DECREES, REGULATIONS, STANDARDS AND CLIENT’S REQUIREMENTS...
TEKFEN’s Welder Training Center and Schools provide the Group a cutting edge in the competitive construction industry. Welders to be employed in the premises are trained and examined under third party supervision. The center also provides trained and certified welders for the erection sites.
• Plate Preparation
• Profile Preparation
• Pipe Work
Client: TTP (TECHINT-TECHNIP)-Petrobras.
Scope: The fabrication of 7,500 tons steel structures of total 17 Process Modules, Main & Riser Pipe racks, Flare Tower and 3,000 tons Duplex / Super Duplex, SS, LTCS, Cu/Ni and CS piping works.
Client: QGI - Petrobras.
Scope: Supply of Steel Structure of 2 Flare Towers, 210 tons each.
Client: EBR (Toyo-Setal)-Petrobras.
Scope: The Supply of complete Flare Tower including Process Piping and Heat Shield Panels. 330 tons total. The fabrication of 3,000 tons steel structures of total 11 Process Modules. (2013-2014)
Client: SOCAR (State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic)
Scope: The supply and fabrication of 13.000 tons structural steel and the roof. (2013-2014)
Client: TÜPRAŽ-Tecnicas Reunidas
Scope: The supply, fabrication and assembly of 18.000 tons steel structures and 3.700 tons CS, 1.300 tons AS and 1000 tons SS pipe spool fabrication for Tüpraž RUP project. (2012-2013)
Client: SOCAR (State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic)
Scope: The supply and fabrication of 6.000 tons structural steel. (2012-2013)
Scope: Supply of Steel Structure of 2 E-House Modules, 570 tons each. (2011-2012)
Scope: The supply and fabrication of 6.500 tons process modules, flare towers, helideck, piperacks and other structures. (2011-2013)
Scope: The fabrication of 4.000 tons steel structures of total 14 Process Modules. (2011-2012)
Scope: The supply of 620 tons Chemical Injection Process Module. (2011-2012)
Scope: 1) The supply of 130 tons Flare and Knock-out Drums Module. (2011-2012)
2) The fabrication of 4.000 tons steel structures of total 8 Process Modules. (2010-2011)
Scope: The fabrication of 4.000 tons topside deck box panels and steel structures. (2009-2010)
Client: Petrofac-Aramco JV
Scope: The fabrication of 9.000 tons piperacks and platforms for Upgrade works. (2006-2008)
Client: Municipality of Bursa State
Scope: The fabrication and erection of 2.000 tons bridge structures for light railway. (2006-2007)
Client: BP - AIOC
Scope: Fabrication of 5.000 t heavy and complex steel works and 2.000 t duplex/super duplex, SS piping works for two offshore oil platforms launched on the Azeri-Chiraq-Guneshli Field located on the Caspian Sea. (2003-2006)
Client: EÜAŽ, Electricity Generation Company
Scope: Fabrication of 36.000 t of steel works for the 4 x 360 MW lignite fired power plant; main boiler supports and other steel structures. (2001-2004)
Client: C/O Société Anonyme Marocaine de I’Industrie du Raffinage
Scope: Fabrication of 8.000 t piperacks and platforms for upgrade works and 600 t duplex / super duplex, SS pipingworks. (2006-2010)
Client: TCK, General Directorate of Highways, Turkey
Scope: Fabrication of 20.000 t of steel decks for road bridges, viaducts and tunnels within the 258 km motorway construction scheme extending from Tarsus, Adana to Gaziantep, Southern Turkey. (1992-1999)
Client: Olympic Committee of Turkey
Scope: Fabrication of 5.400 t of steel works with high-complex geometry for the two roofs of 80.000 seat Olympic Stadium located in Istanbul. (1999-2001)
Client: BP – BOTAŽ
Scope: Fabrication of 3.000 t of steel works and 1.000 t of pipe spools for the Tank Farm (7 x 150.000 m3) and 2.7 km long Jetty constituting the main parts of Ceyhan Marine Export Terminal where the historical 1.740 km long Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan Crude Oil Pipeline reaches the open seas through the Mediterranean (2002-2006).