The project consists of:
• The construction of 32” x 47 km and 20” x 8,5 km, high pressure (600 psig), gas pipeline system in the Hawiyah Area,
• Upgrading of piping and instrumentation associated with the two Utmaniyah Gas Plant slug catchers,
• 30 road crossing of which 4 were made by thrust boring,
• 21 power line and 3 buried cable crossings,
• 52 underground and above ground pipeline crossings.
In this project another important task was to change the 42” Gate Valve in the Utmaniyah Gas Plant during the operation of the Plant.
Due to very tight schedule and inconvenient placement of the valve, a special steel structure was designed and erected.
Hot-tap and stopple operation was carried out by Tekfen’s specialized crew and the valve was changed with a successful operation in a very short time providing the client normal conditions of operation as per their schedule.