QAPCO Petrochemical complex is located in Mesaieed Industrial City of Qatar, about 40 km south of Doha. In addition to the existing low density polyethylene plants LDPE1 and LDPE2 at the petrochemical complex, QAPCO intends to construct and operate a new Low Density Polyethlene Plant (LDPE3) of 250,000 expandable to 300,000 tons per year capacity.
QAPCO awarded the management, engineering, procurement and supply, construction and commissioning of the LDPE3 Plant to UHDE Gmbh. Tekfen's scope of work shall include procurement and supply of steel structures, civil construction, insulation and painting materials and construction, erection of all mechanical, electrical and instrumentation works including precommissoning and assistance to commissioning, start up and performance test activities.
MAIN PROJECT WORK VOLUMES:
• Excavation and Backfilling: 90.000 m3
• Piling: 9.000 m
• Reinforced Concrete: 25.000 m3
• Paving Concrete: 8.800 m2
• Asphalt Road: 1.400 m2
• Buildings: 4.300 m2
• Supply and Erection of Structural Steel: 4.200 t
• Equipment Erection: 6.000 t
• Piping Prefabrication and Erection (supports incl.): 2.500 t
• Painting: 59.000 m2
• Electrical & Instrumentation Cabling: 800 km
• Hot and Cold Insulation: 62.000 m2