COP-WC-PDQ (Chiraq Oil Project - West Chirag - PDQ) is a single integrated deck comprising a Production Platform, Drillig Module, utilities and Living Quarters located 120 km South East of Baku, in water depths of 170 meters within the 432 km2
“Azeri - Chirag – Guneshli” Oil Field.
Topsides assembled into an Integrated Deck provides the structural framing between the Jacket towers and supports the Drilling Facilities Modules, Living Quarters, three main and one emergency power generation packages, the HV Switchroom on the cellar deck, LV Switchroom/LER rooms on the mezzanine deck, flare boom and the platform crane pedestals.
The overall weight of the Topsides is about 18.500 tons. The onshore work scope covers fabrication, assembly, erection, testing, mechanical completion, commissioning, weighing, jacking, onshore completion and load-out of integrated deck. The offshore work scope covers offshore hook up and commissioning assistance works.
The project was undertaken in partnership with Azfen and AMEC.
The detailed scope can be summarised as follows:
- Fabrication and fitting out of the Integrated Deck including pressure vessels, tanks, mechanical equipment, piping, electrical and instrumentation cables, cable rack, cable tray and supports. Any detailed engineering necessary for fabrication shop drawings, sub-assemblies, erection, lifting procedures, temporary installation aids and attachments.
- Receipt, storage, fabrication, erection, post-weld heat treatment (PWHT), non-destructive examination (NDE), coating and certification of all structural steel including rolling and field machining as required in and out of country.
- Receipt, storage, fabrication, erection, bolt tensioning, PWHT, NDE, pressure testing, nitrogen/helium leak testing, coating and certification of all piping system components.
- Onshore assembly, mechanical completion, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and offshore hook-up, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up assistance of the Integrated Deck.
- Structural weld out of the Integrated Deck, complete the hook-up of all piping, electrical and instrument connections between Integrated Deck and Jacket.
- Load out, sea fastening and transportation of sub-structures to the Integrated Deck Assembly including provision of all facilities, equipment, rigging, load out frames, foundations for lifting/jacking-up and transportation vessels/barges.
- Complete weld out, NDE and coatings touch-up of the Integrated Deck cellar deck to Jacket connection after the mating of Integrated Deck and Jacket, including removal of temporary steelwork, sea fastening and scaffolding.