The Azeri, Chirag and Guneshli fields are located in the Azeri territory of the Caspian Sea, approximately 120 km South East of Baku, in water depths ranging from 100 m to 400 m and covering an area of 432 km2. The primary oil bearing strata in the fields take place at depths ranging from 2.500 m to 3.000 m below the surface. Gas and Condensate are also present in the reservoirs.
Development of the contracted area is scheduled to progress in several consecutive phases, eventually reaching an output over 1.000.000 bpd. Project sanction was obtained in September 2001 for the development of the central area of the Azeri field. Assets to be constructed include the Central Azeri Drilling & Quarters Platform, Compression & Water Injection Platform (C&WP) and West Azeri and East Azeri production platforms.
C&WP facilities provide all gas and water requirements necessary to support production from the entire Azeri field, additionally exporting electrical power via sub sea power cables to the West and East Azeri Platforms. The C&WP facilities to be constructed by the ATA (Amec-Tekfen-Azfen) Consortium comprise an integrated deck that incorporates the topsides facilities and pipeline risers, a flare structure and a bridge adjoining Central Azeri.
The integrated deck provides the structural framing among the jacket towers and supports the gas compression, water injection, power generation and flare structures. The injection requirements of C&WP are determined by the needs of Central, West and East Azeri Platforms and consists of two electrical power generation packages, four gas injection compressors and four water injection pumps. The integrated deck has also been designed to support two future Gas Export Compression Trains.
The detailed scope can be summarised as follows:
- Fabrication and fitting out of the Integrated Deck including pressure vessels, tanks, mechanical equipment, piping, electrical and instrumentation cables, cable rack, cable tray and supports. Any detailed engineering necessary for fabrication shop drawings, sub-assemblies, erection, lifting procedures, temporary installation aids and attachments.
- Receipt, storage, fabrication, erection, post-weld heat treatment (PWHT), non-destructive examination (NDE), coating and certification of all structural steel including rolling and field machining as required in and out of country.
- Receipt, storage, fabrication, erection, bolt tensioning, PWHT, NDE, pressure testing, nitrogen/helium leak testing, coating and certification of all piping system components.
- Onshore assembly, mechanical completion, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and offshore hook-up, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up assistance of the Integrated Deck.
- Structural weld out of the Bridge to the C&WP Integrated Deck and the CA topsides. Complete the hook-up of all piping, electrical and instrument connections between the Bridge, C&WP Integrated Deck, C&WP Jacket and CA topsides.
- Load out, sea fastening and transportation of sub-structures to the Integrated Deck Assembly including provision of all facilities, equipment, rigging, load out frames, foundations for lifting/jacking-up and transportation vessels/barges.
- Complete weld out, NDE and coatings touch-up of the Integrated Deck cellar deck to Jacket connection after the mating of Integrated Deck and Jacket, including removal of temporary steelwork, sea fastening and scaffolding.